[Tkinter-discuss] integrating a matplotlib window onto a tkinter frame

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:09:31 CEST 2009

hmm... for XWin there is a ready solution - TkXext (http://wiki.tcl.tk/2116)
but for win32 I cannot find similar package. pywin32 hasn't such
functionality.
Creating from scratch requires a lot of coding.

May be Tkinter community knows an issue solution? :)

But it seems you need studying carefully matplotlib manuals to resolve an
issue. As I see
on matplotlib site: "You can embed matplotlib into pygtk, wxpython, Tk, FLTK
or Qt applications"
i.e. matplotlib has binding to Tk widgetset. Try using:

matplotlib-0.98.5.2.tar.gz/matplotlib-0.98.5.2/examples/user_interfaces/embedding_in_tk.py

Regards,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Project
http://sk1project.org