[Tracker-discuss] Getting Started
forsberg at efod.se
Sun Oct 29 19:41:25 CET 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I don't know if all of the "initial admins" have indicated their
willingness yet, but you are at least all subscribed to this list - so
let's get started working!
A bunch of infrastructure- and development-related questions popped up
in my head, so I wrote them down below. Hopefully, there's someone
here that can answer them :-) (I did notice at least one
upfrontsystems.co.za person in the list roster..).
* What kind of machine are Upfront Systems's going to host for the
python-dev tracker? How much CPU, memory and disk is available?
* Will the python-dev tracker be the only software running on this
machine? (I assume so, since Brett wrote something about root
* Which Linux distribution will it run, and who will be responsible
to keep the system up to date with security patches etc? We, or
Upfront? (I prefer the latter.)
* Does the machine have RAID for its disks? Is there support for
monitoring the disks, and who will be responsible for that?
* What backup facilities are included in the hosting offer?
* Are there any alternative ways to make backups, such as usage of
rsync, rdiff-backup or similar to some python-community-controlled
* Which protocols will be available for access to the machine? I
prefer using only SSH (with sftp for file transfers).
On the security side, perhaps we should lock down the root account and
use sudo to gain root credentials from individual accounts?
* Is there a nagios (or similar) installation somewhere that we can
use to monitor the tracker, its backup etc?
* Is there a subversion repository we could use for the development of
the tracker? So far we've used a module in the CVS repository for
roundup (on Sourceforge), but as I prefer subversion and don't enjoy
the "stability" of sourceforge, I'd enjoy a stable subversion
repository for this development.
* Where should we keep our tracker bugs? I'm happy to keep the
http://efod.se/ptt/ (python-tracker-tracker) online if you like.
Erik Forsberg http://efod.se
GPG/PGP Key: 1024D/0BAC89D9
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v18.104.22.168 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8+ <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Tracker-discuss