[Tutor] python interpreter

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:41:04 -0500

[uygar teomete]
> I just downloaded Python 2.0 from www.python.org  made a self-test,
> "import test. self_test" or somethin like that. My test_socket seems
> to be not working,

You didn't say which operating system you're using, but if you're running
some flavor of Windows then test_socket will fail unless you have an active
internet connection open at the time you run it.  That's just the way it
works on Windows.

> and 24 other test_something could not be found.

Sounds about right, again assuming you're running some flavor of Windows.
For example,

test test_fork1 skipped --  os.fork not defined -- skipping test_fork1

is normal on Windows.  Windows doesn't support os.fork, so it simply can't
run the test there.  Anything that says "test_xxx skipped" at the end is
nothing to worry about.  Things to worry about say something like "test_xxx
failed" instead.