[Tutor] Newbie

Rob Andrews randrews@planhouse.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:53:07 -0600

When this happens, it is likely that your program runs, possibly without
error.  However, your program may not be telling the window to remain
open for you to read the output.  There are a number of things you can
do to work this out.

1) Run your script from within IDLE.  Once IDLE is open, import your
script at the prompt, like this:

>>> import helloworld # if your script is helloworld.py

2) Add a line that forces the program to wait for your okay to close,
such as the following:

	print "hello, world"

	raw_input("Press Enter to exit the program. >")

Then you will have to press a key to end the script, and in Win95/98 you
will then have to type EXIT at the command prompt to close the "DOS"
window, if this is how you are running the script.

Hope this helps ya,
Rob Andrews
http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/pythonsource.html