[Tutor] Python book suggestion please

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 07:09:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Daniel Yoo wrote:

>     4.  Wesley Chun has just written "Core Python Programming", and since
> he's one of the tutor@python.org list operators, it would be simply
> criminal not to mention his book.  (Ahem.)  I've heard good things about
> it, but haven't had the chance to buy it yet.

Well I've had the chance to buy and read most of it. It's
excellent. Wesley's book is probably the best I've read so far. I like the
mix of basic and more advanced topics at the end. The exercises in the back
of the chapter are the best I've seen. (I plan to steal liberally from them
next year when I teach my Python class :-)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org