[Tutor] identifying graphics attributes

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:34:22 -0800

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:14:23 +0000, Eve Kotyk <e.kotyk@shaw.ca>  wrote
about Re: [Tutor] identifying graphics attributes:

> Andy W wrote:

> > Have you looked at PIL?
> > http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
> >
> > Something simple like the following can be done to get the size of an image,
> > with PIL:
> >
> > import Image
> > picture=Image.open("example.jpg")
> > print picture.size
> >
> Is Image a module specific to a particular version of Python?  When I
> suggest to my interpretor (1.5.2) that it should import Image it tells
> me there is no such module.  I'm particularly interested because I
> discover abit of code I think would be valuable to me but it doesn't
> work for the same reason...the second line is: import Image

PIL is not part of the Standard library. You have to install it separate.
Go to the URL that Andy gave above for more information about PIL (Python
Imaging Library).

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

"When introducing your puppy to an adult cat,
restrain the puppy, not the cat." -- Gwen Bailey,
_The Perfect Puppy: How to Raise a Well-behaved Dog_