[Tutor] More OOP

Tim Ronning tim.ronning at start.no
Fri Nov 7 12:36:37 EST 2003

På Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:33:06 -0800 (PST), skrev Daniel Ehrenberg
<littledanehren at yahoo.com>:

>> So, what do you think? Should one go GUI right away
>> and try to translate console focused learning sources into an OO/GUI
>> environment for ones learning projects?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Tim R
>
> It's always good to program in a somewhat
> object-oriented manner, but there's no special need
> (that I can see) for programming in a more
> object-oriented fashion just because you're using a
> GUI. Isn't it still possible to program procedurally
> (except for GUI itself) when using a GUI?
>
> Daniel Ehrenberg

Probably, but I'm not yet skilled enough to answer actually. As a novice I
got to ask this when one hear statements like "GUI development forced
coding into a more OO way" This was implied in an earlier post, but I can't
find right now. The quote is therefor probably not per word correct, rather
what I read.
	Bottom line, I think my question is something like this: Is it advisable
to take on a special approach to coding structures when one are dealing
with a GUI app.

Regards
Tim R.