[Tutor] Re: How to "install" new package?

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Fri Nov 14 17:40:30 EST 2003

Branimir Petrovic wrote on Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:11:59 -0500:

> What is the proper procedure to install Python package? Do I have

Extract it to some temp folder and execute "setup.py install". Things
generally install themselves into the lib/site-packages subdirectory of
Python.

<snip>
> file cx_ImportData.py (for module cx_ImportData) not found
> error: package directory 'cx_OracleObject' does not exist

Do you have anything with this name? Perhaps the package was incomplete or
something.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at jnanqbb.ay. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.