[Tutor] (no subject)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 19:09:28 EST 2003

> I'm trying to create a function that accepts two
> parameters, it takes the size of a side of a square
> to print and the ASCII character that this square
> is made up of. I then need to call it in a calling
> program. Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Forgive me if I'm being overly suspicious but this looks
like a homework exercise. Even if it isn't you will get
a better response if you show us what you've done so far
and explain why you need help with it - like what bit
doesn't work.

As for some ideas to get started, try solving the problem
by hand, as if you were the computer. Then reverse engineer
what you did and tell the computer to do the same. There
may be more efficient algorithms but at least it's a start!

Alan G