[Tutor] Beginner

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Fri Nov 21 09:56:28 EST 2003

Rozani Ismail wrote:
> ok...
> I'm new to this program ....
> I'd like to know the pros and cons Python from your point of view...

Pros:
	Supports broad range of programming approaches
	(OOP, functional, etc.)
	Easy to learn and read
	VERY RELIABLE IMPLEMENTATION
	VERY GOOD DOCUMENTATION
	strong math support (complex numbers, long int)
	modules are available to support most programming needs

Cons:
	unknown in commercial/corporate environment (at least my corner of USA)
	too many choices for some development areas (GUI, WEB)

Google around and you will find lots of opinions.  One writer whom I have
found to be helpful is Peter Norvig:

http://www.norvig.com/python-iaq.html
Python IAQ: Infrequently Answered Questions

http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html
Python for Lisp Programmers

--
Lloyd Kvam