[Tutor] Re: Image Viewer

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Nov 25 19:29:15 EST 2003

Alan Gauld wrote on Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:11:14 -0000:

>> I need to create an image viewer(fcheck like, which makes slide
> show).
>> Is Python the right tool for this. I want to make a very very
> small
>> application just for seeing images, slide-show. How hard to
> create this
>> apps with Python ? Which path i must follow :) Thank you
>
> Very easy in Tkinter. (I suspect about as easy in wxPython,
> but I know it less well). Just create a widget that can accept
> Image objects. (Canvas or Text widgets say)
<snip>

There is an image viewer written in wxPy:

http://web.tiscali.it/agriggio/cornice.html

It even says "full-screen view" and "slideshow" in the features list. If
you're in it because you need results fast (as opposed to: for learning
Python/some GUI toolkit), you might want to improve Cornice instead of
rolling your own.

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at jnanqbb.ay. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.