[Tutor] IDE

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Thu Nov 27 10:44:15 EST 2003

> > What's the most common IDE you people using while writing your own
> > programs ?
>
> Not sure if it counts, but I use vim

I use VIM too, but I'm relatively new to VIM and haven't got it all
down.

Is there a tutorial on using VIM to develop in python?

I've pulled some useful scripts from vim.org for folding and
commenting and a few other things. This has improved the situation
considerably, but I still feel like I'm missing important things.

People ask "What IDE do you use?" and the reponse is usually "VI(M)
or (x)Emacs." But I haven't found a comprehensive tutorial on how to
effectively use VIM with python.

--karl