[Tutor] Need help with this source code

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 16 05:06:04 CEST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, christopher lavezza wrote:

> Can someone please run the source code and give me some help in where I made
> my mistakes in the source code.  Thank you very much.  Source code is at the
> bottom of this email.

Hi Christopher,

Ummm... ok.  What in particular should we look at?  It's just not enough
to say "My program is broken: help me fix it."  We'll do what we can to
help point problems out, but we really need your help and input too.

Tell us why you think the program is broken.  Not only does that will help
focus our search, but you might find that it suddenly helps you to see the
reason that the program is breaking.

And even if we run the program ourselves, we may not not recognize the
problem that you are seeing!  That is why you need to tell us why you
think something is wrong.

>From quickly glancing at your program, I can tell you that none of us will
be able to run your program.  The definition for the 'phone' module that
you're using:

> from phone import *

is one that you've probably written.  We simply don't have that module,
and so we can't test your program yet.

Talk to you later!