[Tutor] Beginners Help

Gus Tabares gustabares at verizon.net
Mon Jan 19 23:58:02 EST 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 23:08, abeidson at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I am not only new to Python.. but essentially new to programming in
> general.. (the last program I wrote was in Basic 15 years ago for High
> school). My job is starting to require me to do some type of programming to
> interact with databases (DB4, DB2, SQL, and Oracle). From everything I have
> read Python seems the best to start with.. but with all the books out there
> I was just looking for some insite.
>
> Thanks
> Andy

Hi Andy,

The main Python website (www.python.org) has many resources for beginning
Python programmers (and beginner programmers in general). Check out this
link:

http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html

If you do chose to start with Python (a great idea;) then I would recommend
either O'Reilly's Learning Python or Core Python Programming. Both are great
beginner resources for learning Python.

Good luck!

--
Gus Tabares