[Tutor] Python persistent webserver?

Brian Lamb blamb at mercury.com
Wed Nov 9 23:25:35 CET 2005

Hi Howard,

It sounds like you want to integrate Python to handle CGI requests from Apache.

So, don't look down the road of building your own web server with the HTTPServer stuff in Python but rather
investigate how to hook Python up to *process Apache CGI requests*.  I imagine on linux this is pretty simple
and somewhat documented (I have only set this up quickly for IIS which worked easily...)

I hope I understood what you wanted correctly.

Regards,
Brian