[Tutor] TurboGears - and some issues

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 22:30:38 CET 2005

> The main places I hear about new stuff are
> Planet Python
> Python Cookbook
> python-announce

I know of them but rarely look.

> CheeseShop

New one on me!

> The first three have RSS feeds,

But I didn't know that...

> and of course there's comp.lang.python if you have the time for it...

And there's the rub. If I'm not busy I try to scan c.l.p but mostly its
just too busy. Nonetheless its my primary source of new stuff, its
fairly easy to scroll down lookling for subjects beginning [Ann:]

However I have to say I'm pretty conservative when it comes to Python
addons. I don't use many and I only look for them when I have a specific
need. I only found the TurboGears stuff because someone asked about
MacOS resources and Apple were highlighting TG on the developer page...
It caught my interest because I'm exploring JSP/Tomcat and Struts
just now for my day job, so anything related to Web frameworks...

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor