[Tutor] how to read a non english text file

Basem Narmok narm at go.com.jo
Sat Nov 26 03:18:56 CET 2005

enas khalil wrote:

>hello everyone
>  still my question about if i could read and process  a non english language text file using python

Hi Enas,
I think you mean Arabic language, yes of course you can, and I think you
should see the Duali project:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Duali

Duali is a simple Arabic spell checker written in Python, Duali will be
a good start if you are interested in Arabic language, It will be hard
if you are a newbie but try and see the code you will learn a lot.
you can see a screenshot for Duali running at :
http://art.arabeyes.org/duali/duali_0_1_1
What you need to learn is Unicode with Python, Duali is a very good example.

Good Luck

Basem Narmok