[Tutor] Version of a .pyc file

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Thu Apr 20 16:02:54 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Don Taylor wrote:

> But my underlying problem still occurs: somewhere somebody is calling
> for the 2.3 version of the Python vm .dll and not finding it.  This is
> happening under Pydev/Eclipse and my only recourse is to blow Eclipse
> away using Task Manager.

Don --
I've had some pretty good luck using Process Explorer, freeware from
SysInternals, to locate processes that are using a particular file or DLL
and shutting them down.  I don't know how well that will work for you,
because it might just ID Eclipse as the culprit, with no further
information, and you already know that.  But its tree view may give you
more info.

It's a great utility in any event.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

I'm gathering from the reference to DLLs that you're running under
Windows.  If I misunderstand, ignore this; Process Explorer is for Windows.