[Tutor] Debugging multithreaded programs in python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Aug 1 07:52:35 CEST 2006

Greetings all,
    A friend here is trying to debug a rather badly written python program
which spawns off lots of threads here and there.  Are there any
frameworks that I can reccommend that would ease his pain?

    On a more general note, it seems rather strange that I can't quickly
google and find a debugger for multithreaded python programs. Python's
"batteries included" philosophy has always been very useful to me.
I've always managed to find what I need without any hassles. This is
the first exception. Any insights? Are there any decent ways to debug
a multi threaded program which make a debugger redundant?

Peace.
--
-NI