[Tutor] help regarding forms... (fwd)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 22:43:45 CEST 2006

> this list is setup to send to the poster by default. I made the
> mistake of doing such a thing earlier myself.
> I know this is a huge item of contention, but do people favor having
> the default be to send replies to the list?

OK, I've got to ask. This comes up every so often and I really
don't understand it.

I've been on the internet for over 20 years now and every mail
tool/newreader I've ever used has (at least) two reply options:
1) Reply = reply to the original sender

The same principle has always worked for all of the mailing lists
I've ever been on.

So why do people seem to expect some other kind of response?
Are there mail clients out there that don't offer a Reply All option?
Why would anyone want a mailing list that didn't offer two options,
one for private reply and the other to include everyone?

I don't understand why this seems to come as a surprise?
What am I missing?

Alan G.