[Tutor] getting and storing favicon.ico

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 19:03:05 CEST 2006

>>> i want to get the favicon.ico from the URL when a blog is added to
>>> the aggregator
>>
>> I have no idea what this means.
>
> Anil is referring to an icon image file that's often associated with
> web sites:
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

Sure, that much I understood, but which url, and what is the
aggregator?
Is this one he is creating? Is his code part of the server or a client
monitoring
a blog site? Is he trying to detect events on a server site he uses,
or
one he manages? or one he is writing?

Despite his many posts I still don't really understand what exactly
anil is trying to do and which parts of it are in Python, which are
server side, which are client side and if any of it is server admin
related.

Nor do I understand what specifically Anil has tried himself and
where he is getting stuck and what exactly he wants us to help
with.

Alan G.