[Tutor] All of Kermit's E-Mails

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 17 18:16:02 CEST 2006

> Suggest an alternative way of transmitting code.

Hi Kermit,

Try sending the code as a file attachment.  It's large enough that we want
to make sure it goes through without being messed up, but small enough
that it can still be posted to the list.

Alternatively, post the code on the web somewhere and send the list a link
to the URL.  This is preferable for large blocks of code, and your
factoring program is large enough that this would also be a good way to
share the code with the mailing list.

Just as a side note: you may want to investigate a good email client such
as Thunderbird if you have spare time.

     http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

Much of the frustration I've been seeing on this thread deals with
IncrediMail's feature set; what it is providing you isn't so well suited
for the kind of technical communication that's on this list.

> This is obviously a case for ... .dun-dun-dun!.... object-oriented
> programming. When you have a collection of functions that all operate
> together to create something, you make a Class to contain them.

I'm going to have to interject and disagree with Luke here; for Kermit's
application, classes are not necessary.  Kermit's still trying to learn
basic structured programming with functions; I'm not convinced that
leaning Kermit toward Object Oriented Programming is going to help matters
much.

Good luck to you!