[Tutor] (no subject)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Aug 17 19:11:19 CEST 2006

Amadeo Bellotti wrote:
> Mr. Johnson i was hoping i didnt have to make my whole program into a
> loop because its about 900 lines of code and tabbing that would take a
> long time
If your whole program is 900 lines without a subroutine then you have
more problems than just tabbing...really, a program this big should have
many functions to divide up the work. Looking for a workaround for poor
program structure is not a good solution in the long run; fixing the
program structure so it is workable is a better idea.

As a practical matter, many editors allow you to select and indent a
block, including TextPad and Eclipse, the two editors I usually use.

Kent

PS please reply to the list, not to me personally.