[Tutor] Adding the current working directory to the Windows path

travis mcgee flightofpenguins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 21:14:52 CEST 2006

Is there a simple way to append the os.getcwd() to the windows path
statement?  I've tried variations of

def createDirectory(self):
        os.system('PATH %%PATH%%;%s;'%(here)) # here = os.getcwd()

but it doesn't seem to work.  I don't get an error in IDLE, but if I open a
command prompt, the path doesn't change.  I've googled around for a clue and
looked through the documentation, but alas, I've had no luck.

Can anyone save me from the pain of continuing to pound my head against the
keyboard?

Thanks,

Bill