[Tutor] Adding the current working directory to the Windows path

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 24 06:05:41 CEST 2006

Hi John,

The OP wants to do it from a Python program.
Thats why I suggested using the registry.

Alan G

John Fouhy <john at fouhy.net> wrote: On 24/08/06, Alan Gauld  wrote:
> PATH is an environment variable and therefore changing it only
> affects the current process environment. You need to change it
> at source which used to be in AUTOEXEC.BAT but I don't think
> that is the preferred place in Win2K/XP.

To change the path in modern Microsoft Windows:

Right-click on "My Computer" (on the desktop or in Explorer), and
select "Properties".  Click on the "Advanced" tab.  Click the
"Environment variables" button.  Find "Path" in the System variables
list control.  Click "Edit" and make the changes you want...

Remember the days when information like this was actually _documented_? :-)

--
John.