[Tutor] function arg

josip josipl2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 18:17:50 CEST 2006

I have here few function from game tic-tac-toe from book python for absoulute beginners

  def first():
 """ Determine who goes first. Computer or Player.
 """
 gofirst = raw_input("Do You want to go first? (y/n): ")
   if gofirst == 'y':
  print "You start first"
  player = X
  computer = O
 else:
  print "Computer is first."
  player = O
  computer = X
 return computer, player

  def newTable():
 """ Create new table.
 """
 table = []
 for num in range(9):
  table.append('')
 return table

  def playerMove(table):   ##  <== here
 """ Get player moves
 """
 move = None
 while move not in legalMoves(table):
  move = int(raw_input("Enter Your position? (0-9): "))
  if move not in range(9):
   print '\nOnly numbers 0 - 9'
  elif move not in legalMoves(table):
   print "\nThat position is allready occupied. Choose another: "
 print "OK..."
 return move

  Why I have to put table in function playerMove and in some others functions?
  If I dont put it's not working.

  Thanks!