[Tutor] Query to the tutor mailing list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 10:27:33 CEST 2006

> newbie book, there certainly wouldn't be as many.  but speaking of
> learn how to program... is there a 2nd edition coming soon?  :-)

Unlikely. The sales have been steady (surprisingly so given its age
now)
but not exactly stellar so Addison Wesley aren't too excited about
it I suspect. To be honest I'm not overly excited myself, the real
focus
has always been the web site, I only wrote the book because so many
folks emailed me and asked for a paper version.

If AW ask me to do a revision I wouldn't say no, but I'm not chasing
them to do so... Any 2nd edition would reflect the changes on the
web site: extra topics, expanded coverage, and language updates
since version 1.5.2.

>> It's baaaaack!
>> http://www.uselesspython.com/
>
> this is great news.  i wish there were more sites like this and the
> Challenge out there... they really make you think in "real-time."

I agree. Useless is a unique resource so far as I can tell.

Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site