[Tutor] Urgent - Using Threads for processing each single Packet ?

Sudarshana KS sudarshana.ks at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 03:47:13 CET 2006

Hi All,

Currently i am planning for writing a tool which gets a webpage and
fills the appropriate fields and posts the page back to the server.
The problem is that i am using SCAPY for doing http as i need VLAN TAG
to be supported to get the HTTP Page.

So before starting this i had couple of questions.

1. As we need to establish a TCP session for http to work , do we need
to process each packet as a seperate thread ? I am not sure how the
system would respond if we have to get 500 webpages - in the sense the
total number of tcp connection is around 500 . Could any body tell me
what would be best design ? Using each thread for single packet
processing is it worth ?

2. Is there any specific tool or any built in APIs which can parse
Http part of the packet ?

Please help me .
Thanks in advance,

Sudarshana K S