[Tutor] Inner Class access to outer class attributes?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 01:24:09 CET 2006

> Ooops.  I should substitute the word "brackets" with "braces".  I always
> get those two mixed up.

Don't worry Danny, in "real English - ie as spoken in England!
- there is no distinction.

There are {curly brackets}, (round brackets) and [square brackets].
You also get <angle brackets> and <<chevrons>>

But braces are things to hold your trousers (or is that pants?) up...
A parenthesis is any kind of grammatical pause, including commas, dashes
etc.

This was one of the frustrations of writing my book. I was even
accused of being an illiterate by one reviewer who thought my 'ignorance'
sufficient reason for the publisher to pull the book! :-)

Britain and America - two lands divided by a common language.

Alan G.