[Tutor] compilte python to an executable file.

Varun Soundararajan s.varun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:27:28 CEST 2006

hi,
   I face a typical problem that most python programmers face. Most users
only want a click and run kind of thing..they are uninterested  to install
any software on their system , be it python or any other software..so the
solution is to pack the code up as a py2exe program for windows and ask them
to click it and run...

          Is there any solution where i dont ask any software to be
installed(ie., python) and still be able to assure that if they click
something, they get the result that they need?...

          py2exe partially succeeds in answering this..by packing things
up...however any compiled pyc code can easily be decompiled to get the
source..its geared towards windows and in linux, we (always) assume that the
users are savvy enough and interested to install python if its not already
installed...so is the case with mac.

Regards
-- Varun