[Tutor] where to look for help with modbus TCP/IP

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 17:56:57 CEST 2007

hello, I want to use python to communicate (pluck data out of registers) with a controller (walchem, http://www.walchem.com/nav/CMImage.aspx?CMID=0&Name=180277_Modbus_C.pdf). I found great documentation using python sockets and TCP/IP; however I am very unfamiliar with modbus and how modbus TCP/IP is related to TCP/IP. Does anyone know where I might find sample code or a good book describing how to do this? thanks.

Jeff