[Tutor] Exceptions while dealing with MySQL

Thanos Panousis pthanos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:24:45 CEST 2007

Thanks to everybody for the replies. I got some nice pointers.

I know my design is nasty, but that is because I am learning...Putting
object orientation in the mix, I have this question:

I have an object, person, which is assosiated with some statistical
data. Say for each person object, I need an object variable called
"hairColor". This haircolor variable has to be filled through an SQL
query, so the object must have some way to access a database cursor.
The cool thing would be that all person objects use the same
connection/cursor to get their haircolors filled in, so there would be
only one connection to the SQL server.

Could this  done with a class variable? From what I understand, it
fits nice because its available to all objects of the class, and it is
unique. So would this be a nice way to have objects of the same class
share a "pipe" to the sql database?