[Tutor] how to remove window borders

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 11 10:20:48 CET 2008

"brindly sujith" <brindly at gmail.com> wrote

> i am developing a  GUI application using TKINTER
>
> in my applicaton i dont want the window title bar(including MAX,MIN
> and
> CLOSE)

I can't see a way to do this and it doesn't really surprise me because
it varies so much between GUI systems.

On X Windows(Linux/Unix) you control it via the Window Manager
and each WindowManager has ways of removing title bars.

On MacOS you would need to interact with Quartz or Cocoa to
control the icon bar

On MS Windows you can use the Windows API to remove the
bar and that can be accessed via ctypes(non trivial)

So for Tk to provide a riss platform solution would be tricky I guess.
But it might be possible, although I don't know the key if it is.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site