[Tutor] Question on "import foobar" vs "from foobar import *"

Lowell Tackett lowelltackett at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 17:35:45 CET 2010

If I might offer one small comment...

It seems to me that this argument also goes to a code readability issue; ergo, if you choose "from foobar..." as opposed to "import foobar", then from that point on you only need employ foobar's methods in your code, and they are not alway easily recognizable.  i.e, by importing foobar, you will always prefix a method with its' parent module name, which [I think] makes the code more understandable.