[Web-SIG] Coding conventions
deelan at interplanet.it
Sun Nov 30 06:28:11 EST 2003
since some code for the "web package" is starting to appear
(WWW::Mechanize!) i was wondering if you guys have planned a set of
coding convetions when naming classes, mothods, getter/setters and so on.
at least in the "web package" it would be cool to have some
consistency between modules.
just for a start i think that:
gives some nice hints for this task:
* package/module names in lowercase.
* classes names like Java, e.g. SomeCoolClass
* method and function names? seems that the trend is to name them like
* parameters and local vars, same as methods plus one or two
underscores where appropiate.
* explicit get and set methods, so when to use property(...)?
maybe an "implicit" get prefix to reduce typing ala webware?
i mean, title() method returns a string for the title property,
set_title should set title.
thanks to all.
More information about the Web-SIG