[Web-SIG] WSGI and Configuration

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Nov 14 17:59:52 CET 2004

At 07:14 AM 11/14/04 -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
>Robert Brewer wrote:
>>I don't see any problem with the PEP as it stands (the "Application
>>Configuration" section). Middleware and apps can read the environ
>>variables they care about. As the PEP says:
>>"But, most existing applications and frameworks will probably only need
>>a single configuration value from environ, to indicate the location of
>>their application or framework-specific configuration file(s)."
>
>I'm not proposing this effect the WSGI PEP at all, or hold it up at
>all.  (BTW, Phillip: is there anything keeping it from going final just
>like it is?)

I still want to replace the current "Threading" section with an overview of
threading models and sync vs. async issues.  Also, based on my observations
to date of the various WSGI server and app implementations out there, I
think we really do need a convention that allows "scriptless deployment",
even if it's considered an optional extension.