[Web-SIG] [Paste] Re: PasteDeploy 0.1

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Aug 23 22:27:05 CEST 2005

At 04:05 PM 8/23/2005 -0400, Michal Wallace wrote:
>What would be nice (for me) is if you could do something like:
>
>    GET / = config:static_root.ini
>    POST /cms = config:filebrowser.ini
>    * /blog = config:blog.ini
>
>Where "*" indicates "any HTTP method"... And of
>course "*" could be the default, so if you don't
>care about methods people could just use the
>existing syntax.

This is accomodated fairly easy within the syntax currently being discussed:

     methodmap from Paste:
         GET is urlmap from Paste:
             "/" is main from "static_root.ini"
         POST is urlmap from Paste:
              "/cms" is main from "filebrowser.ini"
         "*" is urlmap from Paste:
              "/blog" is main from "blog.ini"

Although this might also be spelled:

      main from:
         byURL is url_dispatcher from Paste
         byMethod is method_dispatcher from Paste

         main is byMethod:
             GET is byURL:
                 "/" is main from "static_root.ini"
             POST is byURL: