[Web-SIG] PEP 444 (aka Web3)

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 13:44:15 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> A PEP was submitted and accepted today for a WSGI successor protocol
> named Web3:
>
> http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0444/
>
> I'd encourage other folks to suggest improvements to that spec or to
> submit a competing spec, so we can get WSGI-on-Python3 settled soon.

I have a request for the middleware stack. There should be one obvious
way to get back to the original application, through the stack

Right now, I have to write crazy things like this depending on the stack:

  original_app = self.app.app.application.app

Because some middleware use "app", some "application" etc..

I propose to write in the PEP that a middleware should provide an
"app" attribute to get the wrapped application or middleware.
It seems to be the most common name used out there.

Thanks
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org