[Web-SIG] [Python-Dev] Backup plan: WSGI 1 Addenda and wsgiref update for Py3

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:06:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 12:09 -0400, P.J. Eby wrote:
> If a WSGI-1-compatible protocol seems more sensible to folks, I'm
> personally happy to defer discussion on PEP 444 or any other
> backwards-incompatible proposal.

I think both make sense. PEP 444 can continue to be worked out (and it
should be!); the changes here are pretty much uncontroversial. It also
helps clarify how WSGI should work on IronPython, which has the same
str/unicode issues as Python 3 - that fact it's basically how I've
implemented it for IronPython is nice as well.

- Jeff