[XML-SIG] expat namespace_separator in Python 2.1

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:01:24 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > There is no copy of Expat included in the source release of Python
 > 2.1, so you must have got it from somewhere else...

  This is an issue with the bindings; the Expat version doesn't enter
into this.

 > So am I, but that is hard to answer until we find out what the exact
 > version of Expat is that you are using (expat is the underlying
 > library, not pyexpat), and until you can provide a test case that
 > demonstrates the problem...

  I added the check that a string passed as the namespace_separator
would be either omitted, None, or of length 1.  I don't understand why
you would want it to be of length 0 -- were you expecting parsing
without namespaces?  Is there a reason to pass namespace_separator as
an empty string rather than None, or just omit it?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations