[XML-SIG] expat namespace_separator in Python 2.1

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:50:40 -0400 (EDT)

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > James is quite right.  The offending spec is RDF.  Dr. Jonathan
 > Borden has been carrying on a spirited campaign to get this fixed,
 > but as of now, that's the way it is, and the former permissiveness
 > of expat NS separators will need to be restored for proper RDF
 > support, which is important enough, IMO, to warrant the sale of
 > guns with bent muzzles.

  OK, I'll make the adjustment to pyexpat.c, but I think it's bad to
perpetuate such vile brokeness.  Whether or not its bad enough to use
guns with straight muzzles, well, I guess we'll all have to decide for
ourselves.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>