[XML-SIG] Up-to-date, rich documentation

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:46:40 +0200

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:33:07 -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

>>which is good. I'm not sure how much people here like
>>Wikis, but that could be a way to collect people's Py-
>>thon/XML experience, snippets and sugestions for im-
>>provements, maybe, unless they already exist?
>
>The online Python Cookbook has an XML section; Uche has also started a
>collection of processing tips.

Of course I'm strongly biased, but the wiki idea is the right thing. I
could easily set up a dedicated PyXML wiki, or help create one on the
www.python.org servers. A wiki would certainly help to focus the little =

time slices most of us have into _one_ set of docs, and enable co-
operative efforts.

Since people tend to talk about things they use, this would also mean
that only things in actual use would be documented, allowing newbies to =

focus on exactly those things. What we already have (how-tos etc.) can
be linked to easily.

The DocBook wiki grows rather fast currently... :)

Ciao, J=FCrgen