[XML-SIG] PyXML, a modest proposal

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:56:02 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>   * People trying to install PyXML for a binary version of Zope on Windows.
>     Binary Zope distributions include their own Python version. This Python
>     version is not found by PyXML's installer. I hack around this by
>     telling people to *unzip the exe file*, and then copy the _xmlplus file
>     manually to the right place in the Zope distribution.

This is a general problem with Zope, not PyXML and not distutils.
Zope for Windows doesn't register its builtin Python version in
the Windows registry and that's why wininst can't find it.

The solution (for the benefit of all Zope users on Windows out there)
would be to have Zope register its Python in the usual way with the
registry. This would not only solve the problem for PyXML, but also
for the vast collection of other wininst shipping extensions.

I'd suggest to bring this up on the Zope dev list.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 17 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     43 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       127 days left