[XML-SIG] XML Validator for Python validating .xml file against .xsd file

Henry S. Thompson ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
20 Mar 2003 15:34:19 +0000

"Nico Grubert" <nicogrubert@web.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have created some XML documents which need to be validated against a given .xsd file.
>
> I found this page very helpful:
>     http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/
> that allows me to do this online.
>

> Now, I am wondering, if there is a similiar tool for python which allows me to validate a .xml file against a given .xsd schema file.
>
> Is there such a tool available for python ?

XSV [1] was the first free XML Schema validator, and it still measures
up pretty well against the alternatives [2].  It's written in Python,
and available under the GPL.

ht

[1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.html#Tools