[XML-SIG] libxslt error

Matt Patterson list-matt at reprocessed.org
Sat Feb 7 05:35:40 EST 2004

On 3 Feb 2004, at 00:24, luis miguel morillas wrote:

> I've installed libxml2-2.6.4 and libxslt-1.1.2 in a linux debian
> with python2.3.
> When i import libxslt, i get this error:

if you built them from source and didn't specify the --with-python
option then you'll need to rebuild libxml2 and libxslt using
--with-python

# ./configure --with-python=/usr/lib/python2.2 (on my elderly Debian
box)

then make, make install as usual.

If you installed from binary then you need to install the
libxml2-python, libxslt-python packages as well: The Python bindings
aren't installed as part of the usual package. Also, libxml2-python is
not libxml2 + python, it's just the python bits.

Best,

Matt

--
    Matt Patterson | Typographer