[XML-SIG] Re: Help on processing qualified attribute values

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Mar 12 10:18:01 CET 2005

Markus Döring wrote:

> At some point I need to parse xml attributes which contain namespace prefixes as their value.

> The SAX parser does a good job on dealing with qualified names as xml tags, but is there a way I
> can access the internal sax mapping between prefixes and full namespaces

you should be able to use the

    startPrefixMapping(prefix, uri)

and

    endPrefixMapping(prefix)

methods in the content handler to maintain your own prefix2namespace mapping.

also see:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/content-handler-objects.html

(don't forget that prefixes are nested; the same prefix can map to different URI:s at
different locations in the same document, so you cannot use a single dictionary for
the mapping.  also note that SAX doesn't guarantee that startPrefix and endPrefix
events are properly nested...)

</F>