Yes, I was able to work around the issue by updating my flake8 config, but I would have preferred no breaking change or documentation on the change.
I didn't realize I could log in to gitlab to be able to submit an issue. I created a login and wrote up the bug: https://gitlab.com/pycqa/flake8/issues/250
On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 1:36 AM Peter Bittner firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I can confirm this behavior. Took me by surprise in the middle of September when I started a project where I use Tox to run even static code analysis. I wasn't sure though whether it was always like this. Now I know better---thanks for the confirmation, Jaime.
I had to exclude .tox through my flake8 configuration like this: https://github.com/painless-software/painless-continuous-delivery/blob/maste...
2016-11-09 2:52 GMT+01:00 Ian Cordasco:
On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Jaime McCandless wrote:
I upgraded from flake8 2.5.4 to 3.0.4 and my .tox directory was no longer excluded by default. I didn't find any documentation on this change.
It would be great if you either:
fixed this (i.e. exclude .tox by default) documented the breaking change
I can't reproduce this. It'd be great if you could provide more detail. You can see the bug report template on GitLab for the kind of detail we request of people reporting bugs.