I'm happy to announce the availability of astroid 1.3.
Functional changes in this release are mostly bugfixes and small improvements, the large change is that support for Python versions < 2.7 has been dropped, which allows us to support Python 2.7 and 3.3+ from a single codebase, without relying on 2to3.
In addition to that, the distribution itself has been restructured to make `python setup.py develop` work correctly.
Other important changes: * Various speed improvements. Patch by Alex Munroe.
* Add pytest brain plugin. Patch by Robbie Coomber.
* Only C extensions from trusted sources (the standard library) are loaded into the examining Python process to build an AST from the live module.
* Path names on case-insensitive filesystems are now properly handled. This fixes the stdlib detection code on Windows.
* Metaclass-generating functions like six.with_metaclass are now supported via some explicit detection code.
* Fix a maximum recursion error occured during the inference, where statements with the same name weren't filtered properly. Closes pylint issue #295.
A new release of pylint will follow shortly.