On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 6:22 AM Nick Coghlan email@example.com wrote:
On 5 August 2015 at 22:05, Nick Coghlan firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
On 5 August 2015 at 08:26, Brett Cannon email@example.com wrote:
Nick and Donald, do you think you can have such a test setup up and
by October 31 (Halloween, 88 days away)?
I'm planning to use Kallithea as my guinea-pig project for user level package management in Fedora, so this will be a good test case for carrying patches that haven't been merged back upstream yet.
Since this won't need any of the integration-with-other-services aspects, October 31 should definitely be doable.
Great! Just need to hear from Donald then on whether the dates work.
After merging a docs patch forward from 3.4 to 3.5 and hence to default, I do have a related request for you or David, though: would one of you have time to review the currently proposed options and decide what we're going to do about autogenerating Misc/NEWS?
The status quo is already broken for Larry's "separate repo" approach to release candidate preparation, and moving to a fully online review workflow is going to make it broken in general. I suspect a moderately unilateral "we are going to switch to generating Misc/NEWS <this way>" from one of you is about the only way we're going to get over the activation barrier.
I already assumed we were going to tweak how we did Misc/NEWS somehow, whether it was separate files for each release/branch, somehow automatically generating it from commits, etc. If David's up for hashing it out with me I'm sure we can figure some solution out.