Just a quick update so people know what's going on.

First, thanks to Maciej Szulik for stepping up to help with bugs.python.org changes! There are now patches to add a GitHub field for user accounts and adding an endpoint for that data at http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue579 and http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue581, respectively. Ezio has told me he is busy ATM but is hoping to help get this stuff in the middle of this month (although I'm sure patch reviews are always welcome).

Two, Senthil is still tracking the git -> hg migration tool choices at https://github.com/orsenthil/cpython-hg-to-git . Since we're not migrating yet there is no need to worry about getting an answer to this problem right now. It sounds like hg-git might win out, in which case it might be worth looking at what difference there may be between the ideal conversion and what is already at https://github.com/python/cpython since if the output is close enough it might be nicer to simply keep the current repo and not break people's pre-existing checkouts.

Three, the CLA bot is coded sans the work required to integrate with the future b.p.o endpoint: https://github.com/brettcannon/knights-who-say-ni. At some point I will need a GitHub account for the bot and to get it hosted on Heroku which is all stuff for infrastructure@ (which I'm handling). I also need to move it over to the python org on GitHub instead of keeping it under my personal account now that I have ownership privileges for the  python org.

Because people keep asking me privately, my hoped-for timeline is to get the non-cpython repositories moved over by PyCon US 2016. As for the cpython repo itself, my hope is to be ready to switch after Python 3.6.0 is released (which is slated for December of this year). It may be possible to move the cpython repo sooner, but there are enough parts to that migration that it might be hard to get everything together faster than that, plus I will need to talk with the 3.6 release manager to see if they are even willing to migrate during the alpha or beta cycles of 3.6. But I definitely want to try and see this completed no later than a year from when I announced the final decision to move (which was Jan 1 of this year).